Insurance Strategies for the Global Client and World Citizens
We are able to assist non-US clients in matters such as:
- Providing liquidity to
- manage estate and other transfer taxes applicable to holdings in the US and other countries
- address inqeuality problems caused by forced heirships and succession planning
- plan for US real property assets, particularly valuable personal residences. Non-US citizens do not benefit from the same estate exclusion amounts as US citizens.
- address estate taxes relating to Passive Foreign Investment Corporations ("PFICs") and Controlled Foreign Corporations ("CFCs"); and
- US persons who and beneficiaries of certain foreign trusts
- Accessing strong dollar-denominated asset classes to help protect wealth
Clients who are citizens of other countries and reside in the US or acquire certain US property must deal with issues of US taxation, in particular income and transfer taxes. Because the US taxes worldwide income and assets, individuals may encounter unexpected and burdensome tax issues which would have to be addressed by your tax advisors.
* National Madison Group, Inc. does not provide tax or legal advice. Any discussion of taxes is for general information purposes only, it should not be construed as legal, tax or accounting advice and does not purport to be complete or cover every situation. Please consult your tax advisor or attorney for such guidance.